Join our team!
Travel Agent – Missoula, MT
Primary Objective of Position
To make professional, accurate, cost-effective travel arrangements for all clients within company guidelines and standards for excellent customer service.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Completes travel arrangements for client with air, hotel, car, tour, cruise and ground transportation vendors at the lowest possible fares. Utilizes preferred vendors to maximize profit.
- Follows company procedures, guidelines and standards in the areas of: customer service, building Passenger Name Records (PNRs) and profiles, ticketing, utilization of GDS, productivity, attendance, accuracy of work, invoicing, etc.
- Participates fully as a team member to assist as needed in completing all functions related to servicing the client, including ticket processing, clerical functions, debit memos, etc.
- Researches and provides solutions to travel-related problems clients may have experienced with arrangements provided to them.
- Is fully informed and stays abreast of all airline rules and regulations, tariffs (domestic) and other industry requirements and accurately applies this information when making travel arrangements.
- Maintains a high level of competency in operating the GDS.
- Attends staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures.
- Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Required
High school education and completion of an accredited travel school program. Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of travel industry rules including proficiency in at least one CRS/GDS with familiarity with multiple systems. 2 years of previous travel agency experience required. Proficient on a Windows platform simultaneously operating multiple applications. Ability to meet and maintain performance standards defined for Travel Consultant title.
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com