Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Know Before You Go
May 30, 2019
Thinking of visiting the new Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge? You'll want to be aware of this updated info from Disney Parks:
1. Advance reservations are no longer available.
2. Automatic reservations still available when you stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels between May 31 and June 23 will receive an automatic reservation to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest; valid theme park admission required). Hotel guests will be notified of their reservation date and time with their registration confirmation.
3. No standby line will be available to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. Only guests with reservations will be able to access the land during this time.
4. If you plan on visiting opening day, May 31, there is no need to arrive early because of the reservation system Disney has in place. You can begin to check in two hours prior to your reservation start time. You may begin parking at select theme park parking lots at midnight.
5. After June 23, reservations will no longer be required. Entry will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Disneyland Resort will implement a virtual queuing system to visit the new land so you can enjoy the rest of the resort while waiting to visit Batuu.
6. The current Disneyland Resort costume policy will be in effect in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older. Appropriate Disney bounding – dressing in outfits inspired by favorite characters – is permitted.
7. Download the official Disneyland mobile app to plan ahead and make the most of your visit. The Disneyland app allows you to check the attraction wait time, locate character encounters and even use the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when you are in the new land.
8. Prepare for your visit by downloading the Play Disney Parks mobile app in advance of your arrival. The Play Disney Parks app allows you to deepen your engagement with the land and interact with the world around you on the planet Batuu. Should you choose to engage through the app, you will be able to interact with droids, translate Aurebesh, scan cargo crates and other containers to collect virtual items, and more.
9. Disney's goal is to provide a great guest experience. For example, while you are in the queue at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, you will have the ability to purchase snacks, use a continued process to visit the restroom, enjoy cast interactions, and also engage with an in-queue game while using the Play Disney Parks mobile app to make wait times fun, interactive and enjoyable.
For more information, check out Disney's “Know Before You Go” videos below:
- Know Before You Go: Dishing About Food & Beverages in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort
- Know Before You Go: Opening Day Questions Answered for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort
- Know Before You Go: Opening Day Merchandise for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort
- Know Before You Go: Parking During Your Visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort
- Know Before You Go: Download the Disneyland and Play Disney Parks Apps When Visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort
Just give our Disney specialists a call at 406-259-0999 for help to plan and book your Disney vacation. May the force be with you!
And for more fun info, check out this new article on The Making of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge!